eCommerce Email Marketing Strategy
Email Marketing has been rated as one of the best tools for return on investment. Email marketing gets a stunning 3,800% ROI. Furthermore, B2C marketers have seen conversion rates as high as 50%. eCommerce marketers have an even greater advantage. Transactional emails (e.g. invoices, shipment tracking updates, etc.) have 8X the clicks and opens and 6X the conversion rate! So a good eCommerce email marketing strategy is a powerful, money making advertising tool.
However, many merchants find themselves stuck in the rut of sending the same type of email blast each month. Looking for something new to excite your customers? Looking for new and better ways to target your messages? Here you go.
Here are 7 examples of messages our clients have sent. We hope these inspire you to rethink and improve your eCommerce email marketing strategy.
- Monthly featured product – Most consumers are interested in what’s new. Give them something exciting to find out more about, and they’ll click through. Even if they don’t click through every time, you’re building brand awareness.
- Overnight abandoned basket follow up – A proven winner. Many firms include some kind of coupon or discount. But be careful, use this too much, and you can condition your customers to visit, then wait for the discount the next day.
- Special offer – Who doesn’t love a deal? But make sure the offer is really special. Lean on this one too much, and your unsubscribe rate will grow quickly.
- Monthly newsletter – Regular updates in a changing industry can be helpful to reinforce branding. If you’re product line doesn’t change frequently, this can be a good tool to keep in touch without being repetitive.
- Post order follow up – As mentioned, transactional emails have extremely high open and conversion rates. While you’re confirming the customer’s satisfaction with the transaction, take the opportunity to upsell and cross sell.
- Lost customer follow-up – Email is fairly cheap to send. So why not send an email to customers who haven’t purchased in a long time? Perhaps make them offer that’s really exciting, enough for another visit.
To help you along, here are 7 examples of successful email marketing messages our clients have sent. Hope you’ve found some helpful ideas!
Keywords: eCommerce email marketing strategy