Google Shopping Tutorial
If you’re a merchant selling products, you should take a close look at Google Shopping. If your products are unique and/or price competitive, this tool could help you sell substantially more product. Every day, millions of people are using Google to search for products. And now with the Google Surfaces program, you can get your products listed for free!
In our June 2020 Chicago Ecommerce Meetup, we presented the following Google Shopping video tutorial. If you’d like to join the group, you can find out more here:
This session focused on Google Shopping, with some detail about Google Merchant Center. As you may know, any merchant can now list products on Google Shopping for free. We’ll walk through the process of getting your products listed across Google surfaces. That will include:
– Which merchants should consider submitting products to Google and who shouldn’t
– Why you should join. Our experience is that merchants can generate substantial sales with not a lot of effort.
– Creating feeds in different shopping cart programs, such as AbleCommerce, Magento and Shopify
– Basic and enhanced feed requirements. There are a dozen required fields and even more optional fields.
– Best practices for data that Google recommends. Good data quality is essential for ranking well in the search results.
– A review of some Google policies. You’ll need to make sure you can comply with their policies. For example, you may not sell knives of any size.
– Submitting a feed through Merchant Center
– Why to consider paying for product listing. Google Surfaces is free, but the paid program can be very cost effective as well.
At the end we had a Q&A as well.
We think that this is a great opportunity most merchants should take advantage of.
Get help with technical SEO or your next website by contacting us.