Magento is perfect for small and medium (SME) stores. This is especially true because Magento Community Edition is the free version that suits most business requirements. You not only get an out of the box store but also one that doesn’t have hosting. Therefore you can choose any hosting according to your needs and budget. Let’s now look at some basic Magento store requirements.
Magento Community Edition requirements:
Pick the right host:
- Always choose cloud hosting plans
- Another thing to consider is global server locations
- Daily back up for your Mage store is necessary in case of some problems.
- Guaranteed 99% server up time
- 24 x 7 Customer support from Magento trained engineers
- Regular Virus and Malware server scans.
- Free Web Transfer service
- Has several types of SSL certificates
- Also 1 Click installs for SSL certificates and Magento program from the cPanel.
Select a Community theme:
- Choose a color scheme according to the products, brand and also your logo
- Clear and readable fonts
- Friendly search bar
- Easy to understand Navigation
- Simple Layout
- And most notably Big “Buy Now or Add to Cart” buttons
Jot down your extensions:
- Social sharing buttons
- Full Page Cache like LiteMage
- And Coupons
Optimize for speed:
- Always compress HTML and CSS files. As a result this increases your site speed.
- Especially relevant is Content Delivery Network which helps in page loads.
- In addition, avoid URL redirects
- And finally weekly Magento database log clean up. You can do this manually or set up an automatic system.
In conclusion you can finally see why Magento Community Edition is suited for SME stores. Web 2 Market specializes in SME Magento stores. Our in house Magento certified specialist can help you design and develop a store that speaks to your brand. Contact us for your Magento store.