Magento SEO best practices aren’t difficult to understand if you know how and what it does. Let’s put up a scenario to show how this would work in real life.
Think back to a time when you had first decided to open a store. You probably looked around for the perfect location. Hired an interior decorator. Planned where and how your products will be displayed. The day for the grand opening arrived. You waited patiently for your customers, fingers itching to use the new cash register, but no one came…
“You can’t just open a website and expect people to flood in. If you really want to succeed you have to create traffic.”-Joel Anderson, Walmart CEO
Think of Magento SEO as a signpost that brings in the customers by giving them directions to your shop and announcing which products you sell. According to a study, only 10% of the shoppers go beyond Google’s first page and about half expect search results to show price and ratings.
Ranking No 1 on Google, Bing and Yahoo has a twofold effect if you also have a regular store. 50% of shoppers search on their smartphones before buying in-store. 34% search on computers and tablets for local addresses for their purchases.
“You can’t wait for customers to come to you. You have to figure out where they are, go there and drag them back to your store.”- Paul Graham, Y COMBINATOR
Magento SEO best practices are a checklist of sorts for websites.
It includes adapting good On-site SEO along with Content Marketing to increase customers and ranks alike. Things like:
- Product titles and descriptions: Add rich relevant keywords to Titles and Descriptions for your product and category pages. Don’t just copy paste the content supplied by the manufacturer. Instead re-write the information and don’t forget to include long-tail keywords.
- In addition, Meta Information: Write compelling keyword enriched titles and descriptions for all the products. This is what will be shown below the search results.
- Add rich snippets: Display price, availability, ratings and image are shown below the search results. This not only improves Click through rates but also page rankings.
- Product images and videos: Make it so easy for your customers to share on their social media sites. Keep the names of the files relevant to the product with your keywords. Use the ALT html tag to add a short description in case images/video doesn’t load. Don’t forget to add metadata so that they show up in the image/video search results.
- Finally, URLs: Add nofollow and noindex to non-relevant content pages. Use canonical to avoid duplicate content issues. Change Magento store IDs in URLs with relevant text.
Still not getting it? Why not Contact Web 2 Market? We provide digital marketing services that include Magento SEO best practices and content marketing. We do a complete analytical survey of your products and target audiences, and suggest marketing strategies to drive traffic and boost page rankings.