Magento is a popular eCommerce software. Most retailers love the fact that they can design their store in infinite ways. With Magento being open source, finding an experienced Magento theme designer is important. For example Web 2 Market has a Magento design specialists on the team. So let’s now learn more about finding a theme designer.
What qualities defines a excellent Magento theme designer?
Most people have a general idea of what a theme designer does. However before hiring one, you must know what type of design work you need. This is because different countries and different skill sets bring about diversity in the store’s look.
Questions to ask yourself:
- What type of products do you sell?
- The color scheme acceptable for your store’s brand
- The navigation layout of your store
- And also the type of extensions you will add
Questions for the theme designer:
- How many years experience do they have?
- Do they have a portfolio to show their talent and diversity
- Are they abreast with the latest Magento versions
- Do they understand what themes work for Community
- Also do they understand what themes work for Enterprise
- Can they create a custom made theme if the need arises
- How strong are their HTML and CSS skills
How to find a Magento theme designer?
Depending on your needs, finding a theme designer can be challenging. There are many companies that do design work for eCommerce stores. In addition to this there are freelancers that work on magento projects. How to find the right one? One good way is to check that your theme designer is an active member on the magento forums. This let’s you know they are aware of the latest news, bugs, problems and updates with regards to Magento.
Why hire a Magento theme designer?
Some owners quibble about the cost of hiring a theme designer. However if you want to give your store a professional look, a pro theme designer is the best way to go.
- They know the latest eCommerce theme trends
- They can recommend already available themes from the Magento marketplace
- Also they are aware which theme might cause problems with certain extensions
- And finally they can design your store in a shorter time than you. Thus minimizing your setup cost
So in conclusion hopefully all your Magento theme designer questions have been answered. Looking for a great designer? Contact Us.