Magento is a great eCommerce program that offers tons of flexibility. You can add extensions to use advanced features. Besides that, adding Magento website themes also helps create a distinct store among others. Designing your online store however does require a few considerations. Check out Template Monster or Magento Marketplace for some theme ideas.
Magento website themes tips
Themes aren’t just about the way a store looks. But rather it involves a complex process. Before deciding on a theme you need to think about certain things.
- The first being the type of products you sell. Not all themes work for all online stores.
- Another thing to consider is what colors will help boost sales. According to color therapist, colors have a way of changing one’s mood. That is why profession ad experts consult colorists.
- Navigation and layout of products and categories is also an important thing. Customers like stores that offer easy manageable pages that offer instant information.
- Zoom capabilities should be there for product page images. And if you want, also add product videos to further help the customers.
- Basic SEO is in built in the Magento code. A theme should advance that by offering pure HTML and CSS coding.
- Sometimes themes can clash with certain type of extensions. Make sure about this before you install a theme. This becomes especially bothersome if the theme is paid.
- Also remember that mobile shopping is the latest trend. Actually, Google even ranks pages with responsive themes higher on their search pages.
- Allow users to share your products via social media easily seen buttons.
- And especially relevant, choose a theme that allows you to modify the code according to your needs.
- And finally browser compatibility is another issue that must be recognized. Choose a theme that allows for multiple browsers and platforms without compromising on the site design.