UPS SurePost Gateway
Reduce shipping costs by offering the new UPS SurePost shipping option.
Looking for a way to reduce shipping costs or offer your customers savings? This new shipping option from UPS offers savings handing off the delivery to USPS.
There are a few upsides with these services:
Benefits of the service include:
- Cost effectiveness: Usually a lower cost than normal UPS and FedEx Ground services.
- Saturday delivery: Packages are delivered on Saturdays at no extra cost.
- Ship to all addresses: USPS will deliver to PO boxes and APO/FPO addresses.
- Tracking: Your customer can track the package as you normally would a typical UPS / FedEx shipment.
- No residential surcharge: UPS Ground shipments delivered to a residence are subject to a $2.80 surcharge. FedEx Ground’s residential surcharge is $3.20. However, fuel surcharges (8.5% for UPS and 7.5% for FedEx) still apply with SurePost.
Once installed, SurePost rates are returned with other shipping rates. Note that you MUST have an agreement with UPS to ship using SurePost prior to installation.
To see the SurePost shipping option on a live site, visit www.HotLeathers.comand checkout with a product under 3 pounds.
Licensing: One license per store. Details here.
Estimated install time:1-2 hours .
Documentation Provided: Yes.