If you’ve worked on websites long enough, you’ve seen the progression from GIF to JPEG and to PNG. The next image format is the Google-developed WEBP image format. Here we’ll explain what WEBP is, describe the benefits of switch to WEBP, how to measure the difference WEBP can make for your site. We also include a special offer to make the transition for your site quickly.
What is WEBP?
WebP is a modern image format that provides superior lossless and lossy compression for images on the web. Using WEBP, webmasters and web developers can create smaller, richer images that make the web faster. More details here:
Benefits of Using WEBP
There are many improvements, but the most important in its 26% size reduction compared to PNG files. Switching to WEBP is relatively simple change with two huge benefits:
1. Substantially faster page loads – This provides a better customer experience and higher conversion rates.
2. Improved SEO – Fast page loads are valued by Google.
Browser Support for WEBP
For the first 5 clients, for only $300, we’ll do up to 5 hours of work, including:
– Batch update your product photos to WEBP
– Convert ‘look and feel’ graphics in your design to WEBP
– Install an extension/app to add support for WEBP (included at no extra charge)
– Provide any consulting you want on how to begin using WEBP
Respond quickly, they’ll go fast. Contact us!